1. Family and Friends. Getting together, enjoying each other's company, sharing good food, good memories. I hope each of you have friends and family to share this special time of year with.
2. The beautiful Christmas Carols. I've always loved Christmas songs. Even the funny ones like Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer. All of the Christmas songs are special. Take some time and listen to one or two of your favorites.
3. The bright lights. I love the way the lights twinkle on the Christmas tree. I so enjoy taking evening rides and seeing how the houses are lit up -- each different, each something special.
4. Seeing the excitement in my grandchildren's eyes. I think this is one that really should be at the top of the list. It seems like kids, young and old, get excited to receive a special gift, sit on Santa's knee, take part in a Christmas play, or even sing with their school class. They get so excited to dress up, and I love the happiness that shows on each of their faces.
5. Giving. Yes, the spirit of giving abounds. I have to admit I love the feeling of doing something special, buying the perfect gifts, or giving to others who haven't as much as I have. If you haven't done that, try it if you can. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside knowing that I'm doing something good in the world today.
Ok, so I could go on and on, and I'm sure if you take a few minutes, you could too. I hope you will take some time to enjoy the holidays. Take some time for yourself to relax, listen to a Christmas song, smell the beautiful pungent smell of pine trees, and just relax doing what you love best.
May this season be a season of joy. May you find peace and happiness. May the love of family and friends surround you.
K. R. Baileywww.KRBailey.com